Texas is a sunny state, with an average of 260 sunny days per year. This makes it a great place to go solar, and there are a number of incentives available to help homeowners make the switch.
One of the most significant incentives is the federal solar investment tax credit (ITC). The ITC is a tax credit that homeowners can claim for the cost of installing solar panels on their homes. The credit is currently 30%, and it is scheduled to decline to 26% in 2023 and 22% in 2024. After that, it is set to expire.
In addition to the federal ITC, there are also a number of state and local solar incentives available in Texas. These incentives can vary depending on the city or utility company, so it is important to do your research to find out what is available in your area.
Here are some of the state and local solar incentives available in Texas:
- Austin Energy: Austin Energy offers a rebate of $2,500 for residential solar installations.
- CPS Energy: CPS Energy offers a rebate of $2,500 for residential solar installations.
- Oncor: Oncor offers a rebate of $2,500 for residential solar installations for customers who meet certain income requirements.
- San Antonio: The city of San Antonio offers a property tax exemption for solar panels.
- Dallas County: Dallas County offers a property tax exemption for solar panels.
o be eligible for the federal ITC, you must own the solar system and you must claim the credit on your federal income tax return. The credit can be used to offset your tax liability, dollar for dollar.
To be eligible for state and local solar incentives, you may need to meet certain requirements, such as having a certain income level or living in a specific area. You should contact your local utility company or city government to find out more about the specific requirements for the incentives that are available in your area.
The solar tax credit is a great way to save money on the cost of solar panels. If you are considering going solar, be sure to take advantage of this incentive.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the solar tax credit in Texas:
- The credit is only available for solar systems that are installed after December 31, 2022.
- The credit must be claimed on your federal income tax return for the year in which the solar system is installed.
- If you do not have enough tax liability to offset the full amount of the credit, you can carry the unused portion forward for up to five years.
If you are considering going solar in Texas, be sure to factor in the solar tax credit when you are calculating the total cost of the system. This credit can save you a significant amount of money, and it can make going solar more affordable.
We hope this blog post has been helpful. If you have any further questions about the solar tax credit in Texas, please feel free to reach out here.
Sure, here is a strong call to action for homeowners to get a solar panels consultation:
Are you a homeowner in Texas? Are you looking to save money on your energy bills and reduce your carbon footprint? If so, you should consider getting a solar panels consultation.
The solar tax credit is a great way to save money on the cost of solar panels. It’s a 30% tax credit that you can claim on your federal income tax return. This means that if you install solar panels on your home this year, you could save up to $10,000 in taxes.
In addition to the solar tax credit, there are also a number of other incentives available to homeowners who go solar in Texas. These incentives can vary depending on the city or utility company, so it’s important to do your research to find out what’s available in your area.
If you’re interested in learning more about solar panels and the incentives that are available in Texas, I encourage you to get our FREE solar consultation. We can help you assess your needs and recommend the right solar system for your home.
Don’t wait any longer. The solar tax credit is set to expire soon. Get a solar panel consultation today and start saving money on your energy bills.